Tuesday, April 15th – Recognition night for School Board at Brennan @ 7:00pm
Monday – April 14, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – 8:00am
Wind Ens. last clinic 4:30-6:30pm
Perc. Ens. 1 6:45-7:45pm
Tuesday – April 15, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – 8:00am
Recognition night for School Board at Brennan. Band students will perform for the crowd before the presentation. The students must be dressed up in either dress pants/slacks or for girls skirts or dresses but must be below the knee level. Prefer the color to be darker if able to black with a dressy type shirt, nice dress shoes. PLEASE DO NOT WEAR tennis shoes, jeans of any color, t-shirts, shorts. Must be old school Sunday’s best.
Wind Ensemble – Be here ready to perform at 6:00pm – the meeting actually starts at 7pm, but we will perform prior to the meeting.
Symphonic Band – Be here at 6:15pm
Wednesday – April16, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – UIL Day 1 – 8:00am
ON STAGE – Wind ensemble will have its last practice at 4:45pm as soon as the last band is done on stage we will jump on and do a run through of our last sight reading and go home and rest. We should be done by 5:30pm
Symphonic Band UIL performance at Brennan – 10:00am
Thursday – April 17, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – UIL Day 2 – 8:00am
Wind ensemble UIL performance is at 9:30am. DO NOT BE LATE! Be here at 8:15am to get dressed and be seated in the bandhall at 8:40am. On state at 8:55 for the official warm up to begin.
Symphonic band go to Band Pad with no instruments
Friday – April 18, 2014 – NO SCHOOL – HOLIDAY
- April 14th – Wind Ensemble – Full Band Practice 4:30-6:30pm
- April 15th – The School Board will recognize the BHS band achievements at 6pm at Brennan Auditorium
- April 16th, 17th – UIL contest and sight reading @ Brennan – performance in the morning
- April 23, 2014 – Battle of the Bands – 10:00am-1:00pm
- April 24, 2014 – Battle of the Bands – 6:00pm
- April 25, 2014 – Battle of Flowers Parade – 11:00am
- April 28-May 1, 2014 – Guard Camp 4:30pm-6:30pm
- May 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 2014 – Incoming Freshman Camp – 4:45pm-7:00pm
- May 12, 15, 19, 22, 2014 – Guard Camp 4:30pm-6:30pm
- June 9, 11, 2014 – Incoming Freshman Camp – 9:00am-12:00pm
- June 9, 11, 2014 – Drumline and Front Ensemble – (9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10, 12, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) – 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10-13, 2014 – Guard Camp – 9:00am-5:00pm
- July 21-24, 2014 – Guard Camp – 9:00am-5:00pm
- July 22, 24, 2014 – Music Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-9:00pm
- July 30, 31, Aug. 1, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-9:00pm
- August 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 8:00am-5:00pm
- August 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 8:00am-5:00pm
- August 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-8:00pm
- August 21, 22, 2014 – Guard ONLY – 1:00pm-5:00pm
- We are posting pictures on Facebook so look for us under – William J. Brennan High School Band.
- Band Parents please fill out the background check, as soon as possible, if you’d like to volunteer this year (click on the “NISD Volunteer B/C check” under Important Links
- Band Fees now due – $250.00.
Parking Outside the Bandhall
- When you drop off or pick up your student please DO NOT park in the middle of the road blocking traffic.
- Please DO NOT block the walkway from the practice field to the band hall. The pit needs to use these walkways to get their very large equipment into the band hall.
- DO NOT sit in your car in the band loop area between 3:50-4:30. The handicap buses and parents need to get through. Please park on the side or front of the school. Be kind!
- DO NOT park and leave your car unattended in the loop outside the band hall. School police will be ticketing! Don’t be angry if you get ticketed… you’ve been warned! If you need to leave your car, use the parking spaces in front of the school to park and walk to the band hall.
|Look to the band webpage and Facebook for up to date information. Last minute news will be sent this way. It is on the right side of the webpage. Soon we will also have a button for you to subscribe to Ms. Vickers’ weekly newsletter—a MUST for all band members and parents (it is super helpful).www.brennanband.org Volunteers—Please log into www.nisd.net click on volunteers and fill out the background check. This must be completed prior to helping with the kids.–Brennan Band Booster Board Band Booster Executive Board
Lisa Garcia – President / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Castilleja-Trejo – Vice President / email@example.com
Nancy Rybczyk – Vice President / firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Hinton – Secretary / email@example.com
Bernice De La Rosa – Treasurer / firstname.lastname@example.org
This site is created and maintained by members of the Brennan High School Band Boosters who are solely responsible for the content. Statements made and any opinions expressed are strictly those of the authors.
Unless expressly noted, the information presented here does not represent official statements or views of the staff of William J. Brennan High School or the Northside Independent School District (NISD). External webpages linked to or from this site remain the sole responsibility of their respective publishers.