New York trip has been approved (see below)
Monday – Dec. 9, 2013 – Full Wind Ens. practice – 7:45am
Symphonic Band – Flute sectionals with Poling – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – Lunch sectionals – trumpets
Wind Ensemble after school Practice – 4:30pm – 6:15pm.
Tuesday – Dec. 10, 2013 – Full Wind Ens. practice – 7:45am
Symphonic Band – Trumpet sectionals with Poling – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – Clarinet sectional with Giddens – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – Lunch sectionals – trombones and baritones
Symphonic Band – rehearsal – 4:30-6:00pm
Wind ensemble performance w/Orchestra at Orchestra concert – warm up bandhall – 7:00pm
have your concert attire items girls dress shoes for concert dress, boys tux attire dress shoes, black socks.
Wednesday – Dec. 11, 2013 – Full Wind Ens. practice – 7:45am
Symphonic Band – French Horns sectionals with Poling – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – Lunch sectionals – flutes
Symphonic Band – saxophone sections w/Vickers – 4:20pm
Wind Ens. French Horns (Drayton) – 4:20pm
Wind Ens. Trombones – 4:30pm
Thursday – Dec. 12, 2013 – Full Wind Ens. practice w perc player – 7:45am
Symphonic Band – Low Brass with Poling – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – Lunch sectionals – tubas with Poling and Clarinets with Giddens
Band Concert tonight – 7:00pm – order of concert: jazz band, symphonic band, wind ensemble.
Please bring in cakes for cake auction. Auction will take place during concert breaks.
Full concert attire, Wind ensemble will perform with the orchestra at the end.
Friday – Dec. 13, 2013 – Potential Pep rally – 7:30am
Symphonic Band – lunch sectionals saxes and french horns
If no pep rally – bandhall open for region tryouts
Possible playoff football game – in Houston
Saturday – Dec. 14, 2013 – Region band tryouts at Medina Valley High School. 1 buss will be here and only seats 42 students. Only available for those with no ride to Medina Valley. It will bring kids back from there. We will know times next week.
- 4A Region Band Tryouts – Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013 at Medina Valley HS, time:TBD
- Wind Ens. performance with orchestra – Dec. 10, 2013
- Band Winter Concert Dec. 12, 2013
- New York trip has been approved for this summer. The trip dates are as follows – June 17-20, 2014. The trip is for 4 days and 3 nights. Airfare, hotel, and 2 meals a day, plus activities covered. Cost is $1,175.00 first payment of $300.00 due by January 12th. Student must be in good standing with their band account to participate. More information will be out on Monday.
- We are posting pictures on Facebook so look for us under – William J. Brennan High School Band.
- Scrips orders due Friday. Drop money and form off in the bandhall office. New to Scrips? For more information please look for the Scrips document under the Band documents tab. This is a way to earn money for your band fees.
- Please bring TWO 24 pack of 16 oz bottled water
- Band Parents please fill out the background check, as soon as possible, if you’d like to volunteer this year (click on the “NISD Volunteer B/C check” under Important Links
- We need parents to chair committees. You are welcome to find a fellow band booster and co-chair a committee. Committees — Concessions, Band Trip, take charge of Wednesday sales….Please contact Lisa Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Band Fees now due – $250.00.
Parking Outside the Bandhall
- When you drop off or pick up your student please DO NOT park in the middle of the road blocking traffic.
- Please DO NOT block the walkway from the practice field to the band hall. The pit needs to use these walkways to get their very large equipment into the band hall.
- DO NOT sit in your car in the band loop area between 3:50-4:30. The handicap buses and parents need to get through. Please park on the side or front of the school. Be kind!
- DO NOT park and leave your car unattended in the loop outside the band hall. School police will be ticketing! Don’t be angry if you get ticketed… you’ve been warned! If you need to leave your car, use the parking spaces in front of the school to park and walk to the band hall.
|Look to the band webpage for up to date information and sign on to SMS for text messages to be sent to your phone. Last minute news will be sent this way. It is on the right side of the webpage. Soon we will also have a button for you to subscribe to Ms. Vickers’ weekly newsletter—a MUST for all band members and parents (it is super helpful).www.brennanband.org Volunteers—Please log into www.nisd.net click on volunteers and fill out the background check. This must be completed prior to helping with the kids.–Brennan Band Booster Board Band Booster Executive Board
Lisa Garcia – President / email@example.com
Laura Hinton – Secretary / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernice De La Rosa – Treasurer / email@example.com
This site is created and maintained by members of the Brennan High School Band Boosters who are solely responsible for the content. Statements made and any opinions expressed are strictly those of the authors.
Unless expressly noted, the information presented here does not represent official statements or views of the staff of William J. Brennan High School or the Northside Independent School District (NISD). External webpages linked to or from this site remain the sole responsibility of their respective publishers.