Monday – April 21, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – 8:30am
Full Band Practice 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday – April 22, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – 8:30am
Full Band Practice 4:30-6:30pm – Wear Marching Band Attire. (Shorts & t-shirt w/ hat. Bring Water jug)
Wednesday – April 23, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. Practice – 8:30am
Depart Brennan for Comalander Stadium 8:45 am
Battle of bands rehearsal 10:00 am – 12:45 pm
Bring Sunscreen, Water Jug, Hat, Shorts and Show Shirt
You will need to bring your lunch or order a sack lunch from the cafeteria. There will be no off campus this day since they will be back late.
After school rehearsal for BoB & BoF 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Turn in $2.00 if you want to buy the pizza deal with Vickers (2 slices pizza, water)
Thursday – April 24, 2014 – Full Wind Ens. – 8:30am
Dinner is not provided – We will be taking orders for 2 slices of pizza w 1 water for $2 (Money due Wed., 4/23). Any additional slices of pizza are a $1 a slice. Make sure to pay Ms. Vickers before Wed at 4:30pm or students may bring a sack dinner or have parents drop off food.
Depart Brennan For Comalander Stadium – 5:30 pm / Arrive at Comalander Stadium – 6:30 pm
Battle of Bands Start time – 7:00 pm / Battle of Bands End time – 10:00 pm
Arrive at Brennan – 11:00 pm. We will be posting our status on Facebook so please check Facebook for updates.
Friday – April 25, 2014 – Battle of the Flowers Parade
(wear your show shirt and shorts w/ black socks under uniform)
Band Hall opens – 10:00 am / Leave for Parade – 10:40 am / Arrive downtown – 11:20 am
Parade starts – 12:20 pm. We are in Division II. The Parade lasts about 2 hours. The band will load the buses and depart for Brennan after we finish the parade and head back.
Arrive at Brennan – 4:00 pm Tentative. Again, we will be posting our status on Facebook so please check Facebook for updates.
Bring items that your section was assigned to bring.
Flutes, Saxes, Percussion – tacos
Baritones, T-bones – 24 pack water
Clarinets – Donuts and Pastries
F-Horns, Tubas – Pop tarts 12 pack
Trumpets – 8 pack or more Juices
- April 23, 2014 – Battle of the Bands practice @ Colmander Stadium – 10:00am-1:00pm
- April 24, 2014 – Battle of the Bands – 6:00pm
- April 25, 2014 – Battle of Flowers Parade – 11:00am
- April 28-May 1, 2014 – Guard Camp 4:30pm-6:30pm
- May 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 2014 – Incoming Freshman Camp – 4:45pm-7:00pm
- May 12, 15, 19, 22, 2014 – Guard Camp 4:30pm-6:30pm
- June 9, 11, 2014 – Incoming Freshman Camp – 9:00am-12:00pm
- June 9, 11, 2014 – Drumline and Front Ensemble – (9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10, 12, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) – 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10-13, 2014 – Guard Camp – 9:00am-5:00pm
- July 21-24, 2014 – Guard Camp – 9:00am-5:00pm
- July 22, 24, 2014 – Music Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-9:00pm
- July 30, 31, Aug. 1, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-9:00pm
- August 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 8:00am-5:00pm
- August 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 8:00am-5:00pm
- August 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 2014 – Band Camp (Full Band) and Guard – 5:00pm-8:00pm
- August 21, 22, 2014 – Guard ONLY – 1:00pm-5:00pm
- We are posting pictures on Facebook so look for us under – William J. Brennan High School Band.
- Band Parents please fill out the background check, as soon as possible, if you’d like to volunteer this year (click on the “NISD Volunteer B/C check” under Important Links
- Band Fees now due – $250.00.
Parking Outside the Bandhall
- When you drop off or pick up your student please DO NOT park in the middle of the road blocking traffic.
- Please DO NOT block the walkway from the practice field to the band hall. The pit needs to use these walkways to get their very large equipment into the band hall.
- DO NOT sit in your car in the band loop area between 3:50-4:30. The handicap buses and parents need to get through. Please park on the side or front of the school. Be kind!
- DO NOT park and leave your car unattended in the loop outside the band hall. School police will be ticketing! Don’t be angry if you get ticketed… you’ve been warned! If you need to leave your car, use the parking spaces in front of the school to park and walk to the band hall.
|Look to the band webpage and Facebook for up to date information. Last minute news will be sent this way. It is on the right side of the webpage. Soon we will also have a button for you to subscribe to Ms. Vickers’ weekly newsletter—a MUST for all band members and parents (it is super helpful).www.brennanband.org Volunteers—Please log into www.nisd.net click on volunteers and fill out the background check. This must be completed prior to helping with the kids.–Brennan Band Booster Board Band Booster Executive Board
Lisa Garcia – President / email@example.com
Michelle Castilleja-Trejo – Vice President / firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Rybczyk – Vice President / email@example.com
Laura Hinton – Secretary / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernice De La Rosa – Treasurer / email@example.com
This site is created and maintained by members of the Brennan High School Band Boosters who are solely responsible for the content. Statements made and any opinions expressed are strictly those of the authors.
Unless expressly noted, the information presented here does not represent official statements or views of the staff of William J. Brennan High School or the Northside Independent School District (NISD). External webpages linked to or from this site remain the sole responsibility of their respective publishers.