Brennan Band Agenda
Monday 2/23 – Flute and Clarinets 7:30 am
Tuesday 2/24 – Trombone, Baritone, Tenor/Bari sax & bass clarinet Sectional 7:30 am
Full band rehearsal 4:30 -6:30 pm
Wednesday 2/25 – Alto Saxes and French horn 7:30 am
Solo and Ensemble after School starting 5:00 pm
Thursday 2/26 – Tuba sectionals 7:30 am
Friday 2/27 – Trumpets 7:30 am
Check on back for weekly lunch schedule it will be a zero if not present
Solo fee to enter solo and ensemble contest is due this Wed. $8 per solo, and or ensemble.
If you entered for a solo and an ensemble must pay $16 to Brennan Band Boosters by check if needed.
Students have been given forms for the pics please make sure to have it ready for them to turn in. They are a pre-pay situation.
Monday 2/23 – Wind Ensemble practice 7:30am
Mandatory Practice with Mr. Babbitt – no show no UIL for you 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday 2/24 – Wind Ensemble practice 7:30 am
Sax and Low Reed Sectional 4:15-5:15
Wednesday 2/25 – Wind Ensemble practice 7:30am
SOLO AND ENEMBLE CONTEST WILL BEGIN AT 5PM FOR BRASS AND WOODWINDS, PERCUSSION WILL START AT 5:30 PLEASE CHECK THE SCHEDULE FOR SPECIFIC TIMES.
Thursday 2/26 – Wind Ensemble practice 7:30am
Wind Ensemble Horns w Drayton 4:15-5:15pm
Friday 2/27 – Wind Ensemble practice 7:30am
Piano Accompanist fees are $45 for class 1 solos, $30 for class 2 and 3 solos. (MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO PERFORMANCE)
Solo and Ensemble will be end of February 25thth
Spaghetti Dinner (fundraiser) March 19th
UIL concert and Sight-reading April 7-9 (Taft High school will be hosting)
NOTE: Please see the concession page here for more info on our schedules. We sincerely appreciate all the help you can give in ensuring we are properly staffed for all concession events.
- Look to this webpage for up to date information. We will post updates on our Facebook page as well. We have also posted pictures on our Facebook Photos page.
- Volunteers – Band Parents please fill out the background check, as soon as possible, if you’d like to volunteer this year (click on the “NISD Volunteer B/C check” under Important Links)
- Band Fees now due – $300.00.
Parking Outside the Bandhall
- When you drop off or pick up your student please DO NOT park in the middle of the road blocking traffic.
- Please DO NOT block the walkway from the practice field to the band hall. The pit needs to use these walkways to get their very large equipment into the band hall.
- DO NOT sit in your car in the band loop area between 3:50-4:30. The handicap buses and parents need to get through. Please park on the side or front of the school. Be kind!
- DO NOT park and leave your car unattended in the loop outside the band hall. School police will be ticketing! Don’t be angry if you get ticketed… you’ve been warned! If you need to leave your car, use the parking spaces in front of the school to park and walk to the band hall.
Brennan Band Booster Board:
Nancy Rybczyk – President / firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Medina – 1st VP of Fundraising / email@example.com
Michael Quintero – 2nd VP of Concessions / firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Kolowicz – Secretary / email@example.com
Ron Pacheco- 1st Treasurer / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra Franklin – 2nd Treasurer / email@example.com
Romeo Cabrera – Parliamentarian / firstname.lastname@example.org
This site is created and maintained by members of the Brennan High School Band Boosters who are solely responsible for the content. Statements made and any opinions expressed are strictly those of the authors. Unless expressly noted, the information presented here does not represent official statements or views of the staff of William J. Brennan High School or the Northside Independent School District (NISD). External webpages linked to or from this site remain the sole responsibility of their respective publishers.